In case you missed this post, I asked for blog feedback, and a couple of you wanted more makeup tutorials--you got it! This is my everyday makeup routine. I shared this as a guest post last month, but thought you would like seeing it. This is great for daytime looks, natural looking-makeup, and beginners. Plus, I've got something for all budgets.
First, I prime and prep my skin with the Smashbox Pore Minimizer Primer. I like this one because it helps hide pores. Next I apply foundation--my skin is on the drier side--so I love the glow this Giorgio Armani Silk Foundation gives me. Then it's time for concealing my dark circles, and I suggest Bobbi Brown. It's a great corrector and comes in many shades.
- NYX Pore Filler
- Covergirl Stay Luminous Foundation
- Wet N Wild Fergie Come Correct Concealer
For an everyday look, I keep the eye shadow to a minimum. I love this Too Faced Natural Matte Palette because it offers so many looks. I pat the lightest shade (Silk Teddy) on the lid. Then, I sweep some of the shade Strapless into the crease and blend. I smudge a little of the shade Risque under the lower lash line.
- Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Matte Palette (this one is pricey for drugstore, but I don't own many drugstore matte palettes I like. I would also suggest L'Oreal Nude Palettes)
I then curl lashes, add a Lancome mascara and a Sonia Kashuk liner to my upper lashes. My brows are naturally full so I use Loreal Stylist Brow Plumper to put them in place. I add a little Becca highlighter, a sweep of MAC peach blush, and a peachy gloss from Japonesque.
- L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara
- Jordana liner (Sonia Kashuk is at Target and still considered drugstore)
- Wet N Wild Reserve Your Cabana Highlighter
- Jordana Blush Peach Blossom
- NYG Gloss in Napoleon
And if you want to see this effortless look in action from start to finish, then check out my video below:
What's your everyday makeup routine?
- This is my third year of getting invited to NYFW and not going. I like watching the streams of them online instead. Maybe next year! #introvertsuniteseparately
- After seeing it everyone's blog, I decided to get The Royal We, after Kate said it was $3.99 on Kindle. It was a quick, lovely read!
- Charlie and I had an al fresco dinner at an Italian restaurant near my house yesterday. He is a "people person", er, dog, and I'm very quiet. I swear he gets recognized everywhere we go.