- I chose a Wet N Wild trio. These are around $3 and come in a variety of colors.
- To make it even easier, each color is stamped with where it goes on the lid (browbone, crease, lid).
- Pictured are Sweet as Candy, Knock on Wood, and Walking on Eggshells
- Good brushes under $5 are hard to find, but these are pretty good to start off with and are $3. I'll be using a shadow brush and contour brush from ELF. Optional: ELF smudge brush
- Dollar General has decent brushes under $5 too if you need more options.
- Optional: An eye shadow primer helps with color intensity, shadow longevity, and hides discoloration. ELF makes a $1 one, but other drugstore brands have primer options as well. Apply on the lid and blend.
- Take the eye shadow brush into the pink color. Tap off excess and pat onto lid. For some of you, this may be enough of a beginner shadow look.
- Take the contour brush and dip into the brown shade, tapping off the excess.
- Apply to crease in a back-and-forth or windshield wiper motion.
- Next, blend out the shadow. This is where many beginners make a mistake--don't use the same dirty brush to blend. It will affect your blending and will cause the shadow to get muddy. Use a clean brush instead.
- Here's my tip: Instead of buying another brush, quickly clean it using a Stipple Sponge (these are sold for around $1.99 at Halloween stores or Party City). Just wipe the brush back and forth to clean it. This is faster and more thorough than using a dry paper towel. Be sure to thoroughly clean all brushes later, since this doesn't disinfect them.
- To add a little more dimension to the eye, apply the brown shade into the outer V (also called outer corner or < or >) of the lid and slightly onto the crease. Clean your brush and blend out.
- Use the lightest shade to highlight under the brow bone.
- Curl lashes, add mascara, and liner to the top lash line.
The tutorial below is HIGHLY recommended as it goes into thorough detail.
Watch and let me know what you think!
What's your favorite shadow palette?
When does school start where you are?
- Where did the weekend go? Mine was fast: I grabbed some movies (none were good), attended my friend's mom's funeral, had dinner at a Greek restaurant, finally got caught up on magazines, and made a Target run. And now it's Monday again! How was yours?