I'm testing out 5 of the top ways to remove glitter polish and sharing my results after lots and lots of glitter polish testing--you name the type of glitter, I've tried it. So when I say this is the BEST (and fastest) it really, truly is.
- I don't know where I heard this one, but it really works. Essentially you take cotton balls (some sort of cotton product) and soak it in remover, preferably acetone. Place on nail. Then wrap this with a small strip of tin foil around your finger. Leave for 5 minutes and then remove. Pictured above is the store bought version--you can get these at CVS and I've seen them at Dollar Tree. Remember you will need to add polish remover to the cotton pad.
Test 2: The Nail Soakers
- I got these for a couple of dollars from Ebay. You pour a little remover into a nail soaker. Pop your nail into it and wait a few minutes. Then remove and wipe away the glitter.
Test 3: Sephora Instant Nail Polish Remover for Glitter
- Filled with an acetone-soaked sponge with one scrubby side for removing glitter polish
|Up&Up (left), Nail Aid (right)|
Test 4: Up&Up Nail Polish Remover Dip-It
- Similar concept to the Sephora one, but this is plastic, with plastic spiky scrubbers--just twist the nail to clean. Get this at Target.
Test 5: Nail Aid No Rub Glitter Polish Remover Gel
- Dip finger into gel. Leave for 4 minutes and then wipe away. I found this at Walmart.
- Tin Foil with Cotton Ball--works well, but the preparation and waiting takes time. I found the store-bought wraps seemed to work the best and a little faster. In this test there is some glitter remaining around the nail bed. Removal time was around 1 minute to 4.
- Nail Soakers--These work but are so uncomfortable--there's almost like a suction when you put them on your nails. In the test pictured above, there is still some glitter on the nail. These had to soak for around 2 minutes.
- Sephora--This was my go-to for the longest time. The sponge can wear out and shift quickly but it works. This completely removed all traces of glitter in about 15-20 strokes. Second place winner.
- Up&Up--This is the winner. Hands down. It completely removed everything in 5-10 strokes (or dips) into the remover.
- Nail Aid--This is SO cold, so make sure only the polished part is coated in gel. This took 1-4 minutes of waiting time. There was still a little clean up of glitter after.
What's your favorite nail polish shade?
- Currently listening to Neil Patrick Harris' bio on Audiobook. I've been enjoying it so far!
- $100 gift card is available--enter here.