I'm reporting to you live from the quickest weekend ever. I bought Charlie's costume for Halloween (if you follow me on Snapchat at ellesees, you got a sneak peek). I attended a very late dinner for a friend's birthday, hit up Target for some fall decorations (never enough) and Adam Lippes flats, and was a guest of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. And I also did boring things, like get my recycling ready and break down the boxes I get daily--being a beauty blogger is the best, y'all.
Speaking of beauty, I wanted to share 5 of the hottest beauty trends for this season. Taken from the runway, I've got something for all budgets. Let me know your faves in the comments.
- this darker shade of nude brings a fresh look for fall
- Lauren B Beauty has 5 new nude shades for all skin types, including Nude No. 2 ($18)
- drugstore: Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in Almost Almond
- seen all over the runway, this gives a sleek, sophisticated look that goes with any style
- instead of the heavy, golden glow of summer, try a subtle lit-from-within look
- apply a glowing moisturizer, like MAC Strobe Cream
- tip: buy the travel size
- drugstore: mix a little of Wet N Wild Reserve Your Cabana highlight into your favorite foundation or tinted moisturizer
- see also: 5 fave drugstore products
- metallic lid, especially gold, bring in the autumn hues
- it wouldn't be fall without vampy lips, and the matte finish of liquid lipsticks makes the trend easy to apply
- Try a liquid lipstick, like Anastasia of Beverly Hills in Heathers
- drugstore: NYX new Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Vintage
Which of these fall beauty trends would you try?
- so far this fall has been nothing but rain, including last night's moon--I couldn't see anything!