Can't see? Try here: http://youtu.be/ngYeg6H-kHQ
In the video, I did my foundation first (because c'mon, who needs to see me without foundation for majority of the video?) but normally I do my eyes first. Here's what I used:
- L'Oreal Pore Vanisher (see review here). For pics, I use the Miracle Blur to give me that airbrushed look and hide any imperfections.
- L'Oreal True Match (best for dry skin and applied with beautyblender...watch video for a demo)
- Sonia Kashuk concealer palette
Onto the eyes--my fave part! I used two palettes here, but really both aren't needed.
- Maybelline Designer Chocolates
- Wet N Wild Knock on Wood
- Sonia Kashuk pen liner
- ELF eyelid primer
- Maybelline Brow Drama (review here)
- Covergirl Flamed Out mascara (tutorial here)
I've got a closeup so you can see the shades a little better.
- I applied the ELF primer--see more reviews on primers here--because I have veins on my lids and since I'm doing this purple-mauve-cranberry color, I don't want to enhance them.
- Using a flat shader brush, I applied that shimmery mauve color on my lids.
- In the crease, using a crease brush, I applied the brown. I blended it out using a fluffy brush.
- Using the brown from the WNW palette, I applied it in the outer corner with a crease brush and blended it with the fluffy.
- I smudged that dark brown under my lower lashes using a pencil brush.
- Next was eyeliner on my upper lash line and mascara.
Here are the brushes I used:
- Sigma E40
- Sigma E35
- Sigma E60
- Sigma E30
Here are the eyes (before the liner and mascara)--it's a still from the video, so the quality isn't the best, but it was the only pic that turned out! #bloggerprobs
I sometimes use powder and sometimes I don't, since I have dry skin. I used ELF HD powder and then applied Maybelline Master Glaze Blush in Mauve. Dry skin will love this since it gives such a natural flush. For lips, I used Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in 107. It's a matte color between red and berry--that's the best way to describe it. This is my second tube of it. Oh, and if you like red lipsticks, I've got a post coming soon on my fave ones.
And here's the final look! If you celebrate Thanksgiving, tell me your plans!
PS: Thanks everyone for your comments on this post! I was really surprised at the support and glad y'all laughed at me as much as I did!
Giveaways Galore (thank you for entering):