I originally shared my Day to Night Sweatproof Makeup looks here, where I showed you how to insure a full face of makeup wouldn't melt away under the sun. Sometimes there are some formal situations where a BB cream and mascara won't cut it, right? But since so many of you wanted a fast, natural, minimal look, I thought I'd share that too! This took me under 5 minutes to do! It's survived hot summer days and I wore it to a pool party recently. But feel free to use your favorite products (as these are suggestions that work for me) and leave out products you wouldn't normally wear. Enjoy this 5 Minute Melt-proof Makeup!
N e e d:
- Matte makeup setting spray
- Cream Shadow
- Lip Balm Stain
- Highlighting Powder
- Mist face with makeup setting spray. I used Model in a Bottle because my other setting sprays are for a dewy finish.
- Allow the spray to dry and then apply primer. I used NYX Photo-Loving Primer.
- Next, it's time for foundation. I'm using a light-weight foundation from Neutrogena. It really disappears into the skin and gives a light-medium coverage. I prefer Revlon ColorStay, but I don't have a shade that matches right now.
- Concealer is next! I didn't have any spots or redness to conceal, so I applied concealer to my dark circles only. I started off with Benefit Erase Paste and added some brightness and insured it would stay with NYX Waterproof Concealer.
- Set everything with powder. Since I have dry skin, I don't usually wear powder, so I used the only one I own, which is ELF HD Setting Powder.
- Next, apply blush, bronzer, and highlighter. I used Milani Luminoso (fave) and Rimmel bronzer. I also contoured with the bronzer. I swept on Hard Candy Bronzer, which is really a highlighter.
- For eyes, use a long-lasting cream shadow, like Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. For an extra pop, I dabbed highlighter in the center of my lids and blended out. I didn't apply primer since the Color Tattoo stays put, but apply that if needed. I also didn't use any eyeliner because I wanted a really natural look, but include that if desired.
- To finish the eyes, curl lashes (if needed) and then brush on mascara. I used Maybelline Big Eyes (love) but I applied the mascara everywhere but the tips. This prevents mascara meltdown--a tip I first shared here. I also added a coat of waterproof.
- Set everything again with another spray of makeup setting spray.
- Add your favorite lip product. I chose a Revlon Lip Balm Stain.
- Total: 4 minutes 36 seconds
- Need proof? Check out the video below: