N e e d:
- Red, white, blue nail polishes
- Makeup sponge
- Clear base/top coat
Paint a clear base coat and allow to dry.
Paint a coat of white and allow to dry.
Apply red, white, blue to a makeup sponge and gently dab it onto the nail. I suggest slowly rocking the nail from left to right as you dab. Repeat process on nails.
Allow to dry and finish with a clear top coat.
T r y:
- No makeup sponge? Try the sponge makeup applicators that come with drugstore makeup.
- Instead of all three colors on the sponge at once, try doing one color at a time.
- While I like using the sponge because it gives a blended effect similar to the popsicle, feel free to paint nails using the nail brush.
- Use whatever colors you'd like!