If there's one thing I want you to take away from this blog, it's that I do a high-low mix when it comes to beauty. There's something for every price point on here. For every $23 mascara, like this post, I have a drugstore option I love too. That being said, I love a good dollar store--you can find some useful stuff in there! Here are 10 dollar store beauty items I always buy:
- quick way to make a mini palette for a night out (think a bit of lipstick, a bit of concealer, etc)
- storage for samples
- storage for nail art supplies (like beads, decals, tape, etc)
- earrings storage for travel
- cleansing face and removing eye makeup--just use water and then throw them in the wash to clean them
- nail art design
- great to use for disinfecting makeup, like cutting off the top of a broken lipstick
- I use these in my beauty diy's when I'm leveling a surface, like in my lotion bars
Pink Zote Soap
- I use it to clean brushes and beauty blenders
- Mini-mixing palettes, like if I'm mixing two foundations together
- I use the bumpy side to aid in cleaning brushes
- I have more cheapo sunglasses than I do good ones, and the cheap ones usually don't come with a case, so these are always good to have
- Put a manicure set inside
- Holds brushes when traveling--I put my used eye brushes in mine
- Holds samples
- Holds nail art brushes and dotting tools
Pill Case, large
- I use these to hold my false lashes! Use makeup remover to clean off the glue and you can reuse your lashes.
- For various sprays for hair and body
- See 10 DIY Beauty Sprays for more ideas
- I use plain lip balm for home and DIY uses
- See my 20 uses for lip balm
- My hack for getting those lower lashes and for removing clumps
- See my 12 uses for interdental brushes
Things I usually skip:
- Brushes, unless it's an ELF brush. I use their concealer brush for cleaning up nails.
- I usually skip dollar store makeup, since a lot of it could be too old/have heat damage, etc. But sometimes I'll grab something.
And there are so many, many more!
What do you get from the dollar store?