One item I do that with it my lotion. Instead of packing a bottle of lotion, I'll make my own solid lotion bars. Have you tried these before? Essentially it's a solid lotion, looks kind of like a soap, but it becomes soft when body heat activates it. It is a lifesaver when traveling, y'all.
- Shaped mold--I prefer silicone, but the one I'm using is a mold for candy/chocolate. I got mine on Amazon
- 1 part soy wax or beeswax
- 1 part coconut oil or shea butter
- essential oil (optional)
- soap colorant (optional)
- glass container
- cooking pot, water, stove, pot holders, spoon
- The best and fastest way to make these is to use a double boiler. You can use a microwave.
- Place the oil(s) and wax in the glass container and allow to melt.
- Stir, add essential oil(s), and then pour into your mold.
- Allow to set and harden for a couple of hours.
- Pop lotion bars out of mold and then store in an air-tight container.
- I wanted to keep mine white, so I used soy wax. However, sometimes I make these with beeswax. Beeswax is used because it helps to hold the shape and allows the lotion bars to harden. Beeswax holds moisture and is non-comedigenic. If giving this as a gift, please be sure the recipient isn't allergic to beeswax or any of the ingredients.
- While I used a candy mold, silicone molds and ice trays work great too.
- I used just two products here, but feel free to mix equal parts shea and coconut oil.
- To use, just rub onto the body.
- These make great gift!
- These store well for up to a year.
PS: I am catching up on blogs from Friday, so I think you might have missed this post.
I'd love to know your thoughts.
Now…it's time for a fabulous giveaway! I've teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to give YOU a chance to win: a $500 shopping spree on US! Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter. You'll receive one entry per completion. This giveaway is open internationally and runs until 5/29. Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
Hosted By:a Rafflecopter giveaway