"New mascara" --two words that this beauty fanatic loves to see. When I first heard of the new Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes mascara I was intrigued. I've had kind of a hit-and-miss with her products.
But when I saw a demo of this mascara a couple of months ago, I immediately signed up for the wait list. And when it was released last week, I had to have it.
Normally, I test beauty products for a month or so, but there's so much hype about this new mascara, that I had to share a review right now! Did you see my preview of it on Snapchat?
So is the new Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes worth the hype?
Who is Charlotte Tilbury?
Famous UK celeb makeup artist who launched her own line a couple of years ago--high end products in rose gold packaging
What is Legendary Lashes Mascara?
- inspired by starlets, supermodels, "Hollywood"
- revolutionary new lash-enhancing elastic formula extends out the lashes like a piece of elastic
- 13x more volume in just three coats
- a thick, lush Hollywood false lash
- Marine Glycogen: a new, exciting hair tonic that is known to stimulate the growth of the hair follicle and the proliferation of keratin cells.
- Tamanu Oil has regenerating properties in order to protect, nourish and strengthen the lashes.
- For more ingredients info, click here
Here's the wand--it looks like a traditional wand to me
1 color (carbon black), no waterproof
On your left, curled lashes with one coat of Legendary Lashes. On your right, curled lashes.
On your left, 1 coat. On your right, 2 coats. I loved 3 coats from afar, but up close it looked a little clumpy. I'll post 3 coats on my Snapchat if you're interested.
Looks amazing, right? I LOVE this mascara. I love the instant effect it gives.
Here's what I noticed:
- wet mascara, similar to L'Oreal Telescopic or L'Oreal Butterfly wetness-wise, but a different formula...unlike anything I've used
- didn't flake
- since I have dry skin, I tried to recreate an oily skin effect to see if it would smudge. I found it did smudge on my lower lash line if my undereye was not set with powder.
- I like the scent of it (weird!) but I have a sinus infection, haha
- easy to remove, but some makeup removers would leave little bits on my waterline
- didn't irritate eyes
- OVERALL: While this is pricey for a mascara, I would DEFINITELY buy it again. Great for instant volume and length with little effort required. Instant results. Currently my favorite mascara.
Have you heard of Legendary Lashes?
Would you try it?
- Finally feeling better, so I ventured out for a friend's housewarming party over the weekend.
- I also saw "Purple Rain" at the Fox Theatre in all of its 80s cheesy, bad acting glory. I'm a big Prince fan and it was an amazing experience--the crowd was so into it, like a concert.