A few weeks ago I posted a haul, which included new Milani products, and many of requested a review of them. After much testing, I'm here to share my thoughts. I found everything at Walgreens (some items I was sent for review) but you can try CVS or order online if you can't find them at your local drugstore. Everything is $7.99-$9.99. PLUS there's a demo at the end of me using only Milani products, so be sure to check that out!
- Unlike other translucent setting powders, this can be used as a primer and to set. I didn't notice a difference when I used it this vs. as a setting powder only. It was nice and not chalky. Demo in video.
Prime Shield Mattifying
- A silicone-based primer that works well at minimizing pores. Reminds me a little of Maybelline Baby Skin, but not as thick as Smashbox.
Milani Everyday Eyes Bare Essentials
- Milani released 6 of these--I have only found 4 in stores. These come with shimmer and matte shades.
- This is the palette I am wearing in the pic above. I really liked this one! Demo in video.
Milani Everyday Eyes Palette in Earthy Elements
- I was really disappointed in the pigmentation on this--it looked so great in the palette.
|Earthy Elements--I had to use a primer to get the colors to show.|
Milani Primer Perfection Hydrating+Pore-Minimizing
- It's hard to find a primer for us dry skin ladies that also hides pores, but this does the job. It reminds me of Step 1 from Makeup Forever, but at a fraction of the cost. Really liked this! Demo in video.
Milani Moisture Lock Lip Treatment
- Remember those roller ball glosses you used when you were younger? That's what this reminds me of but with a raspberry scent. These untinted lip products come in a variety of colors and scents, but I didn't like this one. I'd be willing to check out another one though. Demo in video.
Milani Big & Bigger Lashes*
- You'll notice in the video I used this without a lash curler, and I was impressed with the lift it gave. The bulb on the end helps to get those outer lashes with ease. This can get very clumpy and is a wetter mascara. Demo in video.
- There is also a Lash Trifecta mascara that is new that I haven't tried yet.
Length in Seconds*
- Can you believe I used to make my own version of this 5-6 years ago? Now fiber lashes are everywhere. Just apply mascara, then brush these fibers on the tips, and then coat with mascara. Not for contact wearers. Demo in Video.
- There are also new brow products that I didn't try out yet.
Milani Conceal+Perfect 2-in-1 Concealer*
- Available in 14 shades (I am wearing No.2 Natural)
- This oil-free full-coverage foundation can be used as a foundation or concealer. I like this best on combo to slightly oily skin. Since I have dry skin, I used with a beautyblender to get a medium coverage that gave me a demi-matte finish.
- I liked this and LOVE that it has a pump. My first foundation from Milani. Demo in video.
- I haven't been able to find these anywhere, so I was glad to try them. They come in 18 shades.
- They smell like frosting and apply with a creamy texture.
They are a little difficult to apply to get a clean edge. I definitely needed a lip liner.
They are very pigmented and I liked using them best as a lip stain, as in applying with fingers to sheer out the product. They lasted for hours but do have transfer. The closest to high-end matte lquid lipsticks that I've found. Demo in video.
And here I am wearing all Milani products. Can we just talk about the power of makeup and a good bright window? I was so sick prior to filming this (migraine, vomiting, etc) and you cannot tell! You can find a demo on this look in the video below. I worked really hard on this, so PLEASE watch and let me know what you think. I want to improve and make videos you like!
What Milani products would you like to try?
- Hoping we might get a dusting of snow this weekend!
- Want more Milani? See my Best/Worst Milani here.