So last month, I showed you how to make a Pumpkin Facial Mask, and I asked you to keep the extra pumpkin & freeze it. If you did that, go ahead and let it defrost and then strain the excess water before beginning!
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 c sugar
1/2 c pumpkin puree (I used canned, but freshly pureed sugar/baking pumpkins works too)
1/4 c sweet almond oil (or vitamin e oil)
1 tsp nutmeg
M E T H O D
Mix ingredients and carefully pour into a resealable container. This should keep for around a week.
N O T E S
- Pumpkins are a great source of vitamins A, C, and zinc. They're great for those with acne or oily skin.
- Sugar acts as an exfoliant.
- Sweet almond oil softens the skin and adds moisture.
- Nutmeg smooths skin and treats it. It also gives this recipe that pumpkin "pie" smell.
- I do not use cinnamon, as it can burn and exacerbate skin.
PS: Shout out to Sherri & Erin! Sherri sent me the sweetest email that made my year! Thanks for reading, y'all!