What are you up to this weekend? I've come down with a cold (see my cold tips here), so I'll be seeking comfort with my homemade Shower Soothers or maybe a Detox Bath. If you're into Hot Toddies to cure your cold, check out my post I made for you here. I'll also tackle my comments--I visit every blog that comments (sometimes the Google + accounts are private, so I can't see the blog). Anyway, before I head to my weekend of recovering, I'm sharing one of my favorite hairstyles that marries braids and curls! Enjoy!
T O O L S
- Teasing Comb or Velcro Bump (I got mine on Ebay for $1)
- Bobby Pins
- Curling Iron or Wand (barrel size is up to you)
M E T H O D
- Curl hair with either a curling iron or wand. I like doing this first, but feel free to do this as your last step.
- Tease crown to create volume. I'm using a Velcro Bump to fake volume so I don't have to tease. There are many variations of these out there; some have 1 strip of velcro while mine is completely covered so it will stay put in hair. The 1 strip is much easier to get out of your hair.
- Take a section from each side of your head and braid it. If you can french braid, try french braiding a small bit of the braid before braiding regularly so it will sit flat on the side of your head. I didn't do that for this tutorial, but I usually do. Secure the ends with a bobby pin.
- Pull at the braid a bit to make it appear larger, optional.
- Pin braid to the back of your head, above your ears.
- Repeat on the other side and tuck ends under.
Have a great weekend! Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle