How was your weekend? I had planned on recooping from my cold, but it went away, so yay! I'm convinced it was your well wishes! ;) I have company coming this week, so instead I went on a crazy trash-fix-donate spree and made my apt sparkle. Speaking of clean & sparkle, lots of you leave sweet comments and emails about my teeth, like Krystal, who asked what I use to whiten my teeth. Here's what I do:
- I'm a non-smoker, and try to avoid drinks that stain my teeth. I drink coffee only on the weekends (btw my mom makes the best coffee ever! I can't resist) and rarely do I ever drink red wine, so that helps with staining.
- Sometimes I use a whitening toothpaste or whitening mouthwash; it depends on if I get them at a great price/coupons.
- Sometimes I do the natural thing with baking soda and strawberries, especially when traveling or at work.
- Occasionally, I mix hydrogen peroxide and baking soda and brush away. I always did this as a kid. I don't feel this really gives me the results I want because it doesn't stay on my teeth. I need a product that has gel in it so the peroxide and other whitening goodies adhere to my teeth.
- I use white strips once a year.
(without peroxide, with peroxide)
- When I want to maintain and touch up my whitened teeth, I use Whitening Lightning. I've been a fan and user of their products long before they sent samples to me. They're faves of celebs, too and for good reason! By the way, they're cruelty-free and safe for dental work too. Always consult with Dr. first, but the Zero pens are recommended versus the others if pregnant.
- They have several whitening products, like the Dial-a-Smile, but I got to review the Whitening Lightning Super Booster Pen. There are two formulas: one with and one without peroxide (Zero). I've used both and had no sensitivities from either. Sometimes whitening products get on your gums, which causes sensitivity, but not with the pens.
- The Super Booster™ Pen and Dial a Smile™ Professional Whitening Kit are made with 16% hydrogen.
- To use, simply paint on your dry teeth right before bedtime. Smile for about a minute to make sure the gel adheres. Then sleep as the Whitening Lightning does its job. Brush away in the morning! Results appear in just a couple of weeks!
- I like the pens because the it has gel, which is the ingredient to adhere the whitening agents better to my teeth.
- I also like them because I can paint just on areas that need whitening, like my lower teeth. And there's a money-back guarantee!
- They are offering a 70% off coupon! Use the code ELLE70 at checkout.
- I have had water after applying and drying, although it is not indicated on the directions.
(my teeth after 1 month)
(3 richly pigmented glosses)
- These come complete with a mirror and light built right in. The gloss that contains collagen peptides to increase lip volume and reduce lip wrinkles while doubling as an amazing moisturizer. I can attest to the incredible thickness of the glosses and the colors I was sent are perfect for autumn. I love the idea of the light on the gloss and the mirror! Perfect for touch ups anytime, or for waving the light around and saying, "Lumos!" Just saying.