So you've seen my flawless foundation routine, but what about when I want my makeup to be super long-lasting? I don't do this everyday (sometimes I'm in a rush), but I swear by it for special occasions or those long days. It can be done on any budget, too. Check it out:
ELF Primer, ELF Setting Spray, NYX Shadow Base, Benefit Porefessional
- I do my eyes first, so I use an eyelid primer (I'll use ELF, NYX, or Urban Decay) to assure my shadow stays all day.
- To make my eyeliner last, I'll use a waterproof liner or a liquid or gel liner. I'll set it with matching shadow.
- Spray your favorite makeup setting spray on your face and pat in. Sometimes I make my own makeup setting spray, but there's one for every budget. Try Elf, Urban Decay/Skindinavia, or MAC Fix +. In fact, MAC is where I got this tip!
- Apply primer to your face. The primer gives a smooth base to apply foundation. I don't do this very often because it can break me out, due to the silica. When used weekly or less, I've experienced no problems. I use a pore primer as well. I like ELF, Laura Geller, and Smashbox. Sometimes I use this chafing gel as an even cheaper version.
- If you use a brush to apply foundation, spritz the brush with the setting spray. I've even used water for this step.
- Apply foundation, concealer, powder, and blush. I make sure not to add powder to areas where it will look cakey, like my forehead. If you have dry skin, you can skip the powder. I add my mascara and lipstick/gloss last. I tend to reapply my lipstick/gloss, but L'Oreal Infallible works.
- Spritz face one last time with makeup setting spray. If your face is oily, try Urban Decay's DeSlick. They also have a Dew Me version if you need that dewy finish.
How do you get your makeup to last all day?
Dear reader, I'd love to reach 1000 followers by next month (my birthday!).
Will you please subscribe so I can reach this goal? Thank YOU!
Request or need beauty/hair advice? Email me.