This week has flown by for me, mostly because I've had the week off. My time off is running out! Speaking of time, a few weeks ago I went out with friends but only had 5 minutes to get ready. Does this happen to you? Here's the look I came up with, inspired by a picture of Carly Rae Jepsen (she sings Call Me Maybe, aka the song that you cannot escape but I still sing every time I hear it) and you only need TWO products.
T O O L S:
M E T H O D:
This look is awesome for a few reasons: it makes the eyes POP,
it can be changed easily for daytime or night,
it uses two products,
and it takes 5 minutes to do.
place, pat, line
- Place the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil all over the lid. I'm a fan of these because they're cheap ($4.50), don't crease, and can be used as an eye lid primer. Check out how I use the white eye pencil here.
- Pat in with fingers to blend. You can get extra fancy and add more color to the outer edge, and make the area above the iris the lightest.
- Smudge pencil under the bottom lids.
Double Trouble Eye, Volumizing Wand, Lengthening Wand
- For mascara, I'm using the Double Trouble Mascara sent to me by Lashem. This mascara features a volumizing formula as well as a lengthening formula. You can use either one or combine them both for the biggest lashes. It's like two mascaras in one!
- Use the volumizing end first. The rubber bristles are great because they get to every lash. Here are my lashes after one coat. I've never had an issue with clumps, and sometimes I will just use this wand.
- To finish the look, use the lengthening wand. It features flexible cotton fibers to thicken and curl lashes. I wear contacts, so I like that the Double Trouble doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and is easy to remove. I used one coat and didn't curl my lashes. I'm pleased with my results.
<-- Double Trouble and No Mascara -->
T I P S:
- Line tightline and waterline to define eyes even more.
- While this copper-brown shade looks great on blue eyes (my eyes are blue-green), try an aubergine (eggplant) shade on brown and green eyes.
- Make it daytime-friendly by choosing a lighter shade of shadow.
- While I used a creamy shadow (Color Tattoo is another great option), use a copper-brown regular shadow if that's more your style.
- In case you were wondering, I use Innoxa Gouttes Bleues Eye Drops to really whiten my eyes.
- Just in case you noticed, I'm totally wearing fake bangs!
Call Me Maybe? ;)
What's your favorite way to get ready in a hurry?