Yay, the weekend is here, and since it's Labor Day on Monday, the weekend will be extra long! Today's post features a hairstyle that's quick to create, leaving you plenty of time to enjoy the weekend. Yesterday, I shared a look to take your daytime eyes into night but done in minutes. Today, I thought I'd share a day-to-night quick, easy, no heat updo that takes seconds to do. Just like yesterday's tutorial, you'll only need 2 products:
T O O L S:
- hair elastic
- bobby pins or spin pins/pin twirls
M E T H O D:
Secure hair in a pony tail
Right above the elastic, split the hair in half.
Grab tail and flip up so it's flat against the crown of your head.
Pull through the split.
If you were a kid of the 90s, remember the Topsy Tail?
It's the same look (by the way, they still make them).
Take the tail and twist.
Wrap around to make a bun.
Pin into place. That's it!
Optional: I used Spin Pins--basically, you take one pin at the bottom of your bun and screw it up into your hair. Then take the other pin to the top of the bun. Twist/screw it down into the bun.
T I P S:
- You can leave the flipped pony as is, if buns aren't your thing.
- Speaking of buns, check out my Lauren Conrad Big Messy & Ballerina Buns Tutorials.
- To get bobby pins to stay in your hair, make sure the bumpy side is down.
- If your hair is super-slippery, try spraying the pin with a quick spritz of dry shampoo.
Have a great weekend! Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle