If you read my Beach Week series, you noticed I touched on how to create Summer Shimmer, no matter age or makeup comfort level. Due to popular demand, I thought I give you a tutorial on how I did it.
- Start with a primer. I used ELF Eyelid Primer. Another option is Urban Decay Primer in Sin.
- I used Urban Decay Naked Palette in Half-Baked all over my lid. This stuff is super shimmery, so I suggest a tissue under your eye to catch falling glitter.
- Next, I blended in Smog along my outer half of my eye.
- I put Darkhorse in my crease. Blend!
- I applied the shade Virgin under my eyebrow and just in the corners of my eyes to highlight.
- Finish with brown eyeliner, curled lashes, and mascara.
- If you don’t have the UD palette, I highly recommend the Maybelline Sunlit Bronze Eye Shadow palette, which is really similar.
Are you into shimmer? What eye look are you rocking lately?
The following is not a poem.
I learned it's really hard to photograph your eye without a good camera.
This looked so much better in person...I swear.
But in my quest to be authentic,
I forgot liner before taking this pic.
And I bet you're asking, so I'll tell you,
Yes, I'm available to take pics for weddings. Holla.