L'Oreal Voluminous Feline Mascara
- 3 shades
- instant volume and full lash density
- feline mascara and Quick-Charge brush captures each lash to deliver instant volume and fullness
- quick-charge, ultra-glossy black formula provides feline volume and shiny smooth lashes in one coat
- the "new cat eye look"
- NOT the same as the UK version, although both feature similar packaging. That brush is curved. EDIT: As of the end of August, ULTA is selling the Uk version as well. It wil have a black tube, not green.
Here's a look at the wand--it has the shape similar to the original Voluminous, but mixed with the plastic wands from the Million Lashes. I received this not in the packaging but as pictured, and according to the website, the wand is originally green.
It does what it says with providing volume with length. I like how it does clump and is a "drier" mascara when compared to traditional L'Oreal mascaras.
I don't really get the "new cat eye" vibe, but I was overall happy with the mascara. It didn't flake, didn't clump, and was easy to wash off. No eye irritation either!
- 1 shade
- liquid eyeliner pen in a rich, black formula
- ultra-fine 0.1MM felt tip eyeliner for sleek and easy application
- unique packaging shape provides added control and precision (see example below)
Here's a close up of the liner and the "unique packaging shape" which I call a grip. The cap will only go on one way too.
Here are swatches of thin and thick lines with the liner. At the bottom is a swatch of the mascara to show how much extra comes off the top of the wand (very little) and the teeth of the mascara wand to help with length.
This liner is not waterproof, but does not claim to be. If you rub your eyes, it will smudge, so oily lids might wand to skip. I wore the mascara and liner in the humidity of Charleston and neither transferred on me, but I don't have oily skin.
Here's a thick line and a thinner line on your right. It is easy to apply, remove, and did not irritate my eyes. Of the two, I would be more likely to purchase the mascara than the liner.
I did a quick Instagram search for availability of these new products (I had originally heard September was the release date a couple of months ago) and they started arriving in stores over the weekend with a full release soon.
Would you try the mascara and/or the liner?
- Charlie and I had the best time in Charleston, a fave city of mine. We were constantly stopped wherever we went, and Charlie was even asked to be in wedding pictures! Did you see it on my Instagram story?
- One of the best parts of the conference was seeing bloggers you "know" online in person. I was so happy to meet A Blonde's Moment and catching up with the Atlanta bloggers is always fun, too. Would you like a recap of the conference?