Contour palettes are still a huge draw in the makeup industry, and they've even hit the drugstore arena (see a post on that here). Most of the palettes are powder, so when this cream Covergirl Tru Blend Contour Palette was recently released, it had to be mine. In fact, I shared in on my Snapchat last week. Within seconds, I was asked via Snapchat (ellesees) if it was a dupe for the super pricey cream palette from MUFE.
Covergirl TruBlend Contour Palette
- ULTA, online, drugstores, box stores
- Comes in 2 shades: light (pictured) and medium
- Each palette has cream highlight (shimmer), contour, and bronze
- Designed by celeb makeup artist Pat McGrath
Here are swatches. I went with the light version since medium is usually too muddy on me. The contour is a nice cool-toned brown.
On your left is with the product swatched on my face. On your right, is after 10 hours of wear. I am using soft box lights so you can see it on my skin.
Behind the scenes: This was taken in the morning and at night after a full day of work. As most of you know, I'm a nanny. One of the girls I take care of is 6. She wrote a play and I was a potato. I only got 1 speaking line! ;) That's why I wearing a brown tee shirt and look so tired.
Makeup Forever Pro-Sculpting Face Palette
- Sephora, department stores, online
- Comes in 4 shades: light (pictured), medium, tan, dark
- Each palette has highlight, contour, shimmer, and blush
As you can see in the swatches, the shades are very pigmented and easily visible.
On your left is the palette swatched on my skin. On the right, after 10 hours of wear.
- Overall, there is no way this a dupe. The Covergirl is barely seen on skin.
- Both have very creamy textures and are similar in that way. If you tried the NYX cream contour/highlight palette, you will remember how dry that one is compared to this.
- If you have dry skin and want a very natural-looking c&h, try Covergirl.
- If you have $45, dry skin and want a cream c&h (and blush), try MUFE.
- Charlie and I headed to Lake Lanier this past Saturday for a bit. I can't believe this was my 2nd time going.
- I really love these palettes from Pur Minerals, if you're looking for a nice luxury version.
- Into the stick version of C&H? Here are two from Hard Candy and NYX to check out.
- Here are more Drugstore c&h palettes