Sometimes good things come to those who wait. In early 2015, I started making these marble trays for my friends and family, and even using them for blog backgrounds. Last week, several of you noticed one of the trays in a pic (finally!) and asked for a tutorial! It made my day, y'all!
As is typical with my craft DIY ideas, I'll see something for sale online that's ridiculously priced and will make it myself (like my Press for Champagne or these bracelets). I get this from my late Great Granny Sugar who always encouraged me to make something I wanted myself. Such is the case here. Look at how much these cost:
- marble slab/marble tile/something that looks marble--I used a porcelain tile here that was 12x24
- 2 drawer pulls
- 4 copper caps
- Ruler, marker
- Optional: copper spray paint, copper leaf pen, felt, copper caps
- You can purchase these items at a hardware store or online.
Spray paint (if needed) drawer/cabinet pulls in a well-ventilated area. Allow to dry fully.
Using a ruler, mark where you'd like the handles to go. In a very well-ventilated area, mix and apply the expoxy to the handles to attach them. Let it set for an hour. I prefer overnight just to be sure.
I am obsessed with trays--I'm dead serious--I collect them. I even put trays on my trays. I use them for all sorts of things and as mentioned in the beginning, they make fab gifts.
I want to note that while I figured this diy tray out on my own, there are plenty of other tutorials out there that make them in different ways. Now, who wouldn't love some morning coffee on a tray like this?
Do you DIY?
- I finally found peonies at Trader Joes and bought them out--some of them are in the top pic of this post. They're my fave.
- Short work today for me. I can get used to these holiday short work weeks! Have a great weekend!