Over the years I've purchased many and made my own versions. I've got around 15 recipes so far, and make it a tradition to share one of them on the blog every year.
This year I'm adding a little shimmer to the mix. The idea came a few years ago when I had some left over mica from some diy highlighters and luminizers I had been making, and decided to throw some into a bottle of beachy waves spray. I kind of wanted to recreate the NUXE body oil, but for hair. This is easy to make, and you can leave out the shimmer if you'd like.
DIY Shimmer Waves Spray
- empty spray bottle
- distilled water
- coconut oil (fractionated is easier to use)
- organic aloe vera gel
- kosher salt (I used a couple of pieces of rock salt to help mix, but it's not a necessity)
- mica powder in color of your choice (order online or use a bit of a sparkly shadow/highlighter)
- essential oil (if desired)
- tiny funnel, if needed
Since spray bottle sizes vary, I'll give general guidelines here.
- Pour 1 tsp of salt into empty spray bottle
- Add 3 tbsp of aloe gel
- Pinch of mica (it should be body-safe)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 5 drops essential oil
- fill the rest with distilled water
- Shake away!
Have you ever made beachy waves spray?
- Thunder storms knocked out my power for most of the day, so I'm a little behind with everything, including visiting your blogs. I did get a good nap in though! ;)
- I have been dealing with jaw/ear/neck/shoulder pain all week. I think it's TMJ.
- Did you miss this post to win $100? Just leave a comment here: