Lipstick is the icing on the cake. It's the finishing touch to a makeup look. It's one of my favorite beauty products. I told y'all last week lots of new lip product posts would be coming! Last week, I reviewed the Lancome Juicy Shakers (did you see it? click here). This week I'm focusing on drugstore lipsticks, the Covergirl Katy Kat Matte lipsticks.
I first heard about this collection a month ago, and a few weeks ago I was able to get my hands on a few lipsticks. I found these at Walmart, and actually found them at 3 Walmart stores in the Atlanta area.
What is it?
- Katy Perry's line with COVERGIRL – the Katy Kat Collection
- 13 highly-pigmented and moisturizing demi-matte lipsticks plus a new mascara – in blue and black (I did not pick purchase the mascara)
Where can I get it?
- 11 of the 13 Katy Kat Matte Lipsticks are exclusively available at Walmart, with launch in July for mass retailers. You can preorder at the link above, but I found mine in store.
I picked up 4 shades--coral, pinky-red (I think the red shade was sold out), a nude pink, and a nude.
I like the packaging, as it is similar to traditional Covergirl lipstick packaging but with the white cap, with two sides that have the logos printed above.
Here they are opened. I noticed immediately they looked shiny, like other Covergirl lipsticks I own. See here for an example.
Here are the names of the shades I picked up: Coral Cat, Cat Call, Pink Paws, Sphynx. How cute is the cat ears print on the bottom? And the cat names too.
Here are arm swatches of each, very true to the color in the tube. There is definitely pigmentation.
And here they are swatched on the lips.
- Not matte. It feels like a regular Colorlicious Covergirl lipstick for the most part. These are not drying at all and feel nice on the lips.
- HOWEVER, I knew they wouldn't be matte going in, thanks to the press release in April. Covergirl calls these "demi-matte" and chose to go this route since, according to their research, only a small percentage of women want a true matte and they don't want dry-feeling lipsticks. Fair enough.
- Wear time is about the same as with a Covergirl lipstick formula.
- Similar feel and look-wise to many of the Colorlicious Covergirl lipsticks but for a dollar more. These are not matte, but are nice.
Have you heard of these?
- I found the cutest Rebecca Minkoff mini bag in the prettiest blush shade. I shared it on my Instagram. Speaking of IG, if you follow me, are my pictures showing in your feed?