I'm back with with another so-called dupe! But before we begin, did you catch yesterday's post? It's one of my faves.
As I've mentioned a few times before, Covergirl has released several new products, including the Oh Sugar! lip balms. Thanks to a suggestion on Facebook, a reader asked if they were a dupe for Fresh Sugar's tinted lip treatments. I had both and decided to test them. Do you have either of these?
- $8.99 (I've seen them for $6.99)
- ULTA, drugstores, online
- 10 shades
- CoverGirl's Colorlicious Oh Sugar! Lip Balm is a vitamin infused, moisturizing lip treatment that nourishes, protects and smooths lips. Grapeseed oil, avocado butter and vitamins C and E lock in moisture, keeping lips soft and smooth.
- Has parabens
- Sephora, online
- 14 shades
- Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 blends reparative oils and waxes with real sugar, a natural humectant, for delectable and dependable moisture. Sweet and tart black currant oil, rich in plumping essential fatty acids, cushions the lips while antioxidant grapeseed polyphenols and vitamins A, C, and E provide protection from wrinkle-causing free radicals. It provides essential, year-round protection from damaging UV rays.
Big difference in price, but similar in some ingredients, yet some, completely different.
Here are arm swatches. You can tell that Fresh Sugar is a bit more pigmented.
But here I am wearing both--CG on your left, and FS on your right. It's barely noticeable.
You can tell it a bit better in the video below.
Is it a dupe? They are very similar, but Fresh Sugar is much more moisturizing and a little more pigmented, but also very expensive for a lip balm. It's completely up to you!
Have you tried either of these? Which did you prefer?
Would what you like to see duped next?
What did you think of the video?
- This month is flying by! I still have my decorations from Valentine's Day up! I'm enjoying all the pink.
- This weekend is the OSCARS!! I'm VERY VERY excited about this commercial.