I love micellar waters--these are gentle cleansers used to clean skin and can be used to remove makeup gently. They feel like water and your face doesn't have to be washed after. If you wear natural or light makeup, you'll really like these. Just place onto a cotton pad or cloth and wipe away makeup.
I'm such a fan of micellar waters that I have reviewed them countless times on the blog. In fact, my last roundup of reviews was such a hit, that I spent the last few months trying out more. And unfortunately, most of these didn't make the cut. Therefore, these reviews will be short and sweet.
Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water
- slight scent but didn't work that well and the castor oil + my skin didn't agree
Caudalie Cleansing Water
- Online, Sephora
- slight scent and I love Caudalie products, but not this one--it left my skin sticky
Vichy Pureté Thermale 3-in-1 One Step Micellar
- Online, Target, drugstores, ULTA
- slight pleasant scent and it worked well for me. Note, the packaging may be different than pictured.
Embryolisse Micellar Lotion Soothing and Cleansing Make-up Remover
- online, Sephora
- slight scent, which I'm guessing is the witch hazel--really liked this (love the brand) but not sure I would repurchase due to price
Avene Micellar Lotion Cleansing and Make Up Remover
- $20, but I got mine for $14
- loved the scent on this but this one was sticky
- online, Target, ULTA
- unscented and worked well--this my fave out of all of the ones tried. And it was the cheapest!
NUXE Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals for Sensitive Skin
- online, Target has a foam version of this
- very lightly scented, and worked well, but the alcohol irritated my skin (but surprisingly not my eyes)
Simple Micellar Water Wipes
Have you tried micellar waters before?
What brand is your favorite?
- I was a reader of YoungHouseLove from back when they were called This Young House, and I was so bummed when they quit blogging a year ago. This podcast gives an update on their lives now as well as what they would change if they were blogging now. It's an hour, but definitely worth the listen--great advice for bloggers.
- Don't forget my linkup, The Story Behind the Picture, on the 22nd!