Tell me: how do you remove your makeup? Wipes? Makeup remover? Soap and water? What?
Something I use from time to time is micellar water. And I'm comparing two of them today. Let me back up a bit:
What is micellar water? It's a product that removes makeup that feels like water and requires no rinsing. It's made from micelles, cleansing molecules that are in water. It is excellent for sensitive skin. It is oil-free. It is so gentle.
The first micellar water I tried was Bioderma, via an insistent shopkeeper in a French pharmacy (aka the best place for all things skin I've ever visited). But, it can be very pricey for "fancy water" as my friend Maca calls it. I love trying different micellar waters, so when Simple recently came out with their version, there was no question: I grabbed a bottle immediately and got to testing. For today's This or That, I'll be comparing Simple Cleansing Micellar Water Vs. Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution.
Simple Cleansing Micellar Water
- $6.99 (-/+)
- drugstores, chain stores, online
- 6.7 fl oz.
- no scent
Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution
- $22.99 (+/-)
- online in America
- 250 ml but comes in different sizes
- comes in several varieties
This or That:
- If you wear light makeup or have sensitive skin, you'll enjoy micellar waters. If you wear heavy makeup, stage makeup, or waterproof mascara, you'll need other options. I chose these two are they are both unscented, something that not all micellar waters share.
- While both cleansers worked, Bioderma removed the most makeup on the first try. I would choose Bioderma, but it is pricey, in America and not as easily available.
- I had a super quick trip 5 hours back home for my sis-in-law's baby shower. Everything that could have gone wrong on the trip pretty much did. It was kinda comical at that point but I finally got home and had a great time. How was your weekend?