I've got 2 looks for you today, and both of them are perfect for new moms. CONGRATS! In fact, this is a reader request! And the best part? Anyone can wear them! Enjoy!
- At some point you're going to leave the house, whether it's for a doctor appointment or lunch with a friend. And while no one needs to wear makeup, it certainly makes me feel a little better and more put together. This is a great go-to look for those days when you're rushed and/or want something easy, without a lot of coverage. Those new to makeup will love this.
- I'm not a new mom, but I have taken care of so many kids. In fact, I'm the one my friends call when they have questions about kids or babies. So if I can apply this while feeding a teething 9 month old (who won't eat her food but thinks she can eat my entire bagel) and while trying to get a 5 year old ready for school (who says she can't go because she needs to write a letter to scientists to find out why ladybugs don't live longer) and on only two and a half hours of sleep, anyone can!
- BB cream (my dry skin loves the Garner one) or CC Cream (It Cosmetics makes a nice one) will moisturize skin and protect it from the sun.
- Lip crayon--the easiest way to apply color to your lips. Keep one in your bag for an instant pop of color. I love the ones from Revlon, Jordana, and Neutrogena.
- BB cream and concealer, like the Hidden Agenda palette from Sonia Kashuk.
- Curl lashes and add mascara
- Blush--having color on my cheeks always makes me look more awake. I really like the cheek stains from Tarte since they look so natural.
- lip crayon
- all of the above, but throw in the Urban Decay Naked Basics palettes. They have 2 and I like either of them. Add one of the lighter colors to your lids to make your eyes look more awake, and then sweep a darker shade, like Naked 2 or Faint into the crease. Apply the darkest shade onto your lash line instead of using eyeliner. I use what's left on my brush (or Qtip) and apply it to my lower lash line. (SEE PIC BELOW)
|makeup done in 8 minutes with 2.5 hrs of sleep|
- Yes! You are going out and you want to look extra special. This look can easily be done in 15 minutes or fewer. Video for this look is down below.
- My reader requested a date night look with shadow, so I'm going to show you how to fake a smokey eye!
-You've got to moisturize. I know, having a skin care routine is the furthest thing from your mind right now, but lack of sleep really does a number on your skin. Keeping it hydrated really helps. For daytime I've been loving philosophy hope in a jar renew and for night (especially in winter) I've been obsessed with the Miracle Skin Transformer Night version.
-To save time, and since you probably won't be out for long, I will be skipping all primers, but use if you'd like.
- Shadow: I apply shadow first, before foundation. I do this in case I have fall out from my shadows. I don't want them to get on my face after applying foundation--more clean up time.
- Using the Naked Basics again (try Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Matte for a cheaper option) we are simply going to walk through the palette and increase the intensity of color. Apply a light color to lids.
- Use a crease brush to apply Naked 2 to my crease. Then I add Faint to the outer third of my lid. Using a pencil brush, I apply the darkest shade in my outer V and blend it out. I use what's left on my brush and apply it under my bottom lash line. Pop the lightest shade onto the middle of your lids for a bit of shine.
- Eyes: Add liner (or use the shadow trick used in the Daytime look), curl lashes and add mascara.
- Foundation: I used Bare Minerals Brightening Serum foundation, but L'Oreal Dream Match Lumi also makes a nice one. I used these to add some glow to the skin without being glittery. I'm skipping highlight, so I chose these foundations to give me glow.
- Concealer and Powder: I used the Ben Nye Concealer Wheel palette, but the SK mentioned earlier is great, too.
- For brows, I used Benefit Gimme Brow, since it's just one step and saves time.
- Blush: It's winter and it's a nighttime look, so I chose the darker MAC Desert Rose. Wet N Wild has a lighter version, Mellow Wine, that is only a couple of bucks.
- Lips: I want the lips to last through dinner, a movie, and a smooch or two (hey, it's date night!) so I've been loving the new Rimmel Provocalips.
Congrats to all the new moms out there!