- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c Turbinado sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 c sweet almond oil
- 15 drops vanilla essential oil
- sprinkle of cinnamon--optional--only if the user doesn't have a reaction to cinnamon
- Combine sugars--I like mixing them to mimic the Snickerdoodles color.
- Add oils and mix all ingredients well.
- Store in a sealed jar/container for up to 12 months, but best by 6 months. Note: the oils may settle, so be sure to remix before using.
- I used sweet almond oil here, since I love the smell, skin benefits, and the fact that it slightly turns the color of the sugar, mimicking the cookie. However, use the oil, like coconut, you prefer.
- While I used a cup of oil here, try starting off with a half of a cup to see if you like that. I know some prefer a "drier" sugar scrub while others want it with more moisture.
- I love using this to exfoliate my skin, especially before shaving or self-tanning.
- If allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients, please avoid and substitute instead.
- Please use caution when exiting the tub, as scrubs can sometimes be slippery.
What Sees Saw:
- It's the first weekend I felt more like myself, so I thoroughly cleaned the apt, watched the Dawgs lose (tears), finished watching Orphan Black (obsessed), sniffed all the fall candles (I picked up 2), got out my fall decor (it's my fave season), bought makeup (obv), and had dinner at Zenburger. It was spectacular! I was seated near rapper TI. I loved that no one bothered him. You could tell how much he loves his wife and his family. It was a good but fast weekend!