Chances are if you've stayed at my house, I've probably chased you around with The Spray. Am I right, family and friends? It's one of my fave beauty DIYs I make and I can't believe I've never shared it here before! This spray has several uses, and in the summer, it is a must after being in the sun all day. It takes a minute to make, and is a summer essential, especially in the beach bag! I keep it in the fridge for an extra cooling effect. Your skin will feel instantly refreshed.
- spray bottle (if using oils, use a dark glass one)
- aloe vera juice
- distilled water
- witch hazel
- essential oils (optional, but I always add them) like peppermint, geranium, lavender, or eucalyptus.
- I like to pour 2 parts aloe juice to one part witch hazel and half part water, since the sizes of bottles may vary. For example, if I added 1 c of juice, I'd add 1/2c of witch hazel, and 1/4c of water. I add around 3-5 drops of the essential oil(s). If I still have room in the bottle, I add more water.
- I use a funnel to add everything into the bottle. Shake and apply as needed.
- ...storing this in the fridge (for up to three months) for an extra cool treat. Be sure to use a dark glass bottle if using essential oils.
- ...for razor burn.
- ...after facial waxing.
- ...for wind burn.
- ...this after burning yourself with a curling iron/wand.
- This is not to be used with severely sunburned skin/blisters/cuts. I encourage you to do a patch test. Avoid if allergic or sensitive to any ingredients.
- I spent every summer of my childhood at the beach, and my Grandmother always kept aloe around for burns. Once I started studying essential oils (that sounds really nerdy now that I type that out), I wanted to make something that went beyond just aloe, so I added different oils and played around with it until I came up with this Soothing Sun Spray. All of the ones mentioned above are great for burns. The witch hazel has tannins in it, which treats sunburns, is a natural astringent and refreshes skin.
- More summer skin tips:
Natalia @ Ma Nouvelle Mode // Elle at Elle Sees // Cyndi at Walking in Grace // Alison at Get Your Pretty On // Jen at Yummy, Healthy, Easy
I'm linking up each month with these gorgeous ladies, where we'll be sharing tips to simplify summer. Hope you stop by their blogs!