- Limited Editions: Drugstores seem to be the only place to find limited edition beauty products. I always have to see what's new, even if I have no plans on buying anything.
- New and Seasonal Collections: If you want to see the latest beauty seasonal collections, drugstores will always have them first. Plus, many times I've never seen those collections make it to Box Stores (Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, etc). The selection is so much more, since bigger stores have more diverse products to carry.
- Hard-to-Find/Unusual Products: My favorite false lash glue is by Revlon. Even though Revlon is sold everywhere, this product is hard to track down, and I can only find it at drugstores. One of my favorite polish brands is Julie G. and I can only find that at Rite Aid. Jordana Cosmetics is another beauty brand that I can only find at Walgreens. Drugstores have lots of goodies to be found. Just look!
- Salon Hair Care: It's so tempting to purchase high-end products from a drugstore, since they're at a discount. But have you ever looked at the packaging? There's usually a sticker covering the original upc bar code. Generally, the products are purchased and sold at a discount because they are old, discontinued, surplus, or expired. It's called diversion--there are tons of articles on this practice. That means you could be using expired products on your hair. Or they could even be knock-offs.
- Beauty Staples: If you want to purchase your favorite tried-and-true beauty products, skip the drugstore and head to the Box stores. Chances are, it will be much cheaper.
What are your favorite drugstore products?