H a i r
The easiest way to dress up any hairstyle (short or long) is to grab a sparkly headband. Instant glamour in seconds! Mine was on clearance at Ulta, but these can be found for any budget. Here are some easy and quick hairstyles for NYE:
Headband, clearance at Ulta//sparkly bun//top view
Side pony//updo//wavy hair + headbandSparkly Bun
- Place hair into a bun using your preferred method (I adore the donut bun since the sock bun doesn't work for me).
- Add a headband on top.
- Easier: Wrap the headband around just the bun.
- Straighten hair or curl it.
- Pull into low side pony.
- Add headband to finish the look.
- Curl/wave hair.
- Collect hair as if you are going to put it in a ponytail.
- Twist hair clockwise and bring the tail up.
- Clip/bobby pin hair into place. I used Goody Spin Pins to hold my hair.
- Add headband!
- Easier: Put hair into ponytail and add headband or wrap headband around hair elastic.
- Place primer to the lid to avoid creasing and to allow shadow staying power.
- Use NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and place on the lid.
- Sweep an aubergine (or whatever color you'd like) shadow into the crease and blend inwards.
- Apply the sparkly aubergine shade into the outer v and blend.
- Dust a sparkly white shadow on top of the white lid.
- Sparkly shadow pigment can be purchased cheaply, like NYC or Wet N Wild. NYX makes great pigments for $3 too.
- Add liner, mascara, and false lashes to finish the look.
- I used the LE Wet N Wild Lust palette for this look.
- Tip: If sparkly shadows sound too young or intimidating for you, try dotting the sparkles just in the inner corners of your eyes.
- Tip: Use a Post-It note or tape to capture errant sparkly shadow.
- If you'd like a golden shimmery look, click here.
N a i l s
- I originally was going to use these Sally Hansen nail strips, but for some reason, they wouldn't stay on my nails. I must've gotten a bad box or something? So I decided to recreate the same effect on my nails.
- Sparkly black polish (Ulta's Little Black Dress)
- Layer fine gold glitter and chunky silver glitter (didn't do this step).
- Add chunky gold glitter (Milani's Gold) and clear top coat.
try these polishes or polish strips//my black and gold glitter nails//my recreation vs. inspiration
Check out these other polish ideas (just use the colors you'd like):