T O O L S:
- liquid eyeliner
- red lipstick
- lengthening mascara or false lashes
- red nails
- brush and hair elastic
- optional: hairspray, light brown shadow and crease brush
M E T H O D:
- Optional: To make my eyes more almond-shaped, like Taylor's I used a light brown shadow and swept it in my crease and made a sideways V on my outer lash line.
- To create Taylor's cat eye, use a liquid liner and draw small strokes from your tear duct to the outer edge. This is much easier than trying to draw one continuous line.
- Now pretend that the edge of your lashes is meeting your eyebrow. That's the angle of the direction in which you want to draw your cat eye.
- Start at the tip of your cat eye and draw back down at an angle to meet the liner on the lid. It will look like a triangle. Fill in the liner. Click here for my gel liner cat eye tutorial.
- I used false lashes (click here for my false lashes tutorial), but feel free to use your favorite lengthening mascara. Click here to see how to get the biggest lashes tutorial.
LIPS & NAILS
- For lips and nails, wear a red shade of your choosing. There are yellow-based and blue-based reds. I chose a blue-based because I think it looks better on me.
- Taylor kept it sweet with a classic Barbie pony. My hair was already curled from earlier in the week, but use a big curling iron or rollers (here's a link to my velcro roller tutorial) to achieve your own.
- Brush hair and tease the root for volume. Then put into a high pony. Want a high pony with volume? Click to see my tutorial.
I tried to do the "surprised" expression with my fake bangs. ;)
PS: Want to see how to get Taylor Swift's curls?
I would love to reach 1000 blog followers for my birthday on the 18th.