I will forever love beachy waves, messy buns, and a high pony, but sometimes I want something a little different. And I don't want to spend more than a few seconds on it. Enter the Double Knot. All you need is a bobby pin or two and about 30 seconds. It will "knot" damage hair, and the knots aren't really knots at all--just untie your hair. Read on:
- Take a section of hair from each side of your part.
- Tie in a knot--just like you're tying shoe laces.
- Take the ends and tie in another knot. Repeat a third time if needed--the pic above is after the third knot.
- Tuck under ends of hair and pin where desired. I used 2 bobby pins and this look took me about 10 seconds.
From the front
Notice I tied my knot low in the back.
Super extra messy knot, aka the 5 second version
- Make the knots as tight/loose or low/high as you'd like.
- Be sure to place your pins with the bumpy side against your head for hold.
- Do pins slide right out of your hair? Try spraying a little dry shampoo first and then criss-cross the pins for hold.
- Have more than 30 seconds (and several pins)? Divide hair in half and take the 2 big sections and create the same hairstyle.
I'll be back Monday with more Beach Week fun!
In the meantime, be safe, behave, and be well.