Y'all know I couldn't make it through a Beach Week
without making something with coconut, right?
This Pina Colada Foot Scrub will make
your feet summer-sandal ready.
I N G R E D I E N T S:
D I R E C T I O N S:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat up the coconut oil for 30 seconds. It will soften the solid coconut oil, making it easier to mix and will feel amazing on your feet. Not required.
- Mix the coconut oil with the raw sugar. Try using a fork or a hand mixer for a very blended mix. Raw sugar not only reminds me of sand, but is much more exfoliating than regular sugar.
- Finally, add the pineapple juice and blend well. Real pineapple is preferred (1 oz), just puree it first. Pineapple serves as an exfoliant, can fight aging, and relieves dryness in skin.
- Use hands, cloth, foot brush, etc. to apply and scrub soles of feet. Wash well with warm water & pat dry. Scrub for at least 15 seconds before washing away. I like to scrub my feet and then let the scrub rest there for a minute or two. Your feet will feel and smell amazing! I hope you try it.
- OPTIONAL: If in a pinch, use regular sugar or Kosher salt. The sugar won't exfoliate as well (but it looks pretty!), and I find the salt drying, but both will work.
- This scrub is perfect to use on areas that need exfoliating and softening, like hands and body.
- As always, if you have sensitive skin, do a small skin patch test first. Pineapple does have Vitamin C, which some (like myself) have a sensitivity to.