Love the look and feel of hair on the second day? Here's how to fake the look:
- 1.5 or 2 in curling iron (I'm using the Babyliss Pro Tourmaline Ceramic Iron from flatironexperts.com)
- texturizing wax
- heat protectant
M E T H O D
- Spray heat protectant on hair and let dry
- Divide hair in half. I don't brush my hair for this style. It makes it look a little bit messy and natural.
- To give the style an even more natural look, use different-sized sections of hair. For example, curl a 2 in. section of hair. The next section might be a half inch, and another 1 inch. Mix it up!
- The key to getting this look is to roll horizontally, right up the hair shaft. Pretend the curling iron barrel is a big roller.
- Roll hair up the the roots and hold for 10 seconds. This helps give a little volume to the roots.
- Release hair vertically and allow curls to cool completely.
- Once all curls have cooled, take a small amount of wax and warm it up in your hands. Rub hands together so the wax is evenly distributed to fingers as well.
- Using fingers as a big comb, rake through the curls. This will give curls texture, similar to the way second day hair has.
- Flip your head over and rake through curls this way too.
- Take random strands of hair and define them with the wax remaining on fingers.
The 1 1/2 inch Babyliss Pro Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron was sent to me for review from flatironexperts.com. It retails for $84.99 and comes in 4 sizes (see my review of the 3/4 in here). Tourmaline curling irons gives longer lasting curls. The Babyliss curling iron comes with 40 adjustable heats (up to 428 F). It has a 2 year warranty and is Dual Voltage. The benefits:
1. Eliminates static electricity 3. Neutralizes odors
2. Preserves more moisture within the hair shaft 4. Causes less damage to the hair cuticle