So I've got beach on the brain (I leave tomorrow!!), and was thinking about this banana strawberry swirl slushy I had once. Of course I decided to take that inspiration and transfer it to my nails. I wanted to recreate that tie dye, marbleized, swirly effect. Here's how to get Summer Swirl Neon Nails:
T O O L S :
- Plastic wrap (cling film, saran wrap)
- 2 colors of neon polish (I chose pink and yellow)
- Clear polish for top coat
M E T H O D :
Apply base coat (1-2 coats depending on brand on polish)
Let polish dry completely.
Tear off a strip of plastic wrap.
Tear into small pieces and ball up 10 of them.
Set the pieces aside for later.
You'll need to work quickly for this next part,
so it's ok if it's sloppy painting.
Apply a thick coat of the 2nd color.
I do one nail at a time.
Take the ball of plastic wrap and dab on the wet nail.
Repeat until desired effect is achieved.
Repeat on all nails.
Use a different piece of plastic wrap for each nail.
Let nails completely dry
and apply a clear coat of polish.
T I P S & T R I C K S :
- Neon not your thing? Pick any two colors you'd like.
- Try this technique on accent nails, instead of all.
- Try reversing the colors on different nails/hand.
- Another method: pour 2nd color of polish on a paper plate/scrap paper. Dab the plastic wrap ball into it and then dab on the nail. Be sure to blot before dabbing on nails.
- Once you've gotten the technique down, try 3 colors!
- Don't like your pattern? Take a new ball and dab until the paint is just about gone. Repaint nail in second color and start again!