Blake's "twin," aka ElleSees
On last week's outfit post, several of you said you wanted to see a tutorial on my hair. To get this look, I used velcro rollers (check out another velcro roller tutorial here). Use these pictures of Blake Lively for inspiration.
T O O L S
- velcro rollers (I used jumbo, but would suggest large)
- curling iron (1 in)
- volumizing powder (I used got2b powderful)
- duck clips to hold velcro rollers (optional)
- hairspray, texturizing mousse, or volumizing mousse (optional)
M E T H O D
- If needed, apply texturizing or volumizing mousse to hair while dry. Brush through.
- Divide hair into 2 big sections, one for each side.
- Choose a side to start on. Take a 2-3 inch section from your starting side and curl hair with curling iron, from end to root. You can roll vertically or horizontally. I curled vertically, as pictured below.
- As you release your hair from the curling iron, catch the section in your hand so the curl doesn't have a chance to fall out.
- Wrap curled hair around velcro roller, roll to your roots, and secure with clip.
- Repeat on the next section of hair, but stop rolling the roller around your ear.
- Each roller should be a little lower than the first--this gives the effect of layers and makes hair appear bigger. Repeat until all hair is rolled. See pic below.
- Spray hair with hairspray if desired. I don't use hairspray unless it's alcohol-free, otherwise my hair will turn frizzy.
- Leave for 10 minutes+, until hair is cooled. Use this time to do you makeup, make a sandwich, or visit my blog ;)
- Remove hair from rollers and don't touch the curls yet.
- Pour a little of the volumizing powder on your fingers, rub together, and start massaging your roots for instant volume. Need more volume? Apply the powder directly to your roots and rub in.
- Use your fingers to gently fluff the curls. That's it!
5 hours later...still bouncy and curly!