I started this series last month, and then life went a little haywire, and I never published this post! Oops. Today I wanted to mention those odds and ends I use. I call it "being resourceful." You might call it
C L O S E T E X T R A S
- Keep your closet smelling fresh (I especially recommend this for dorms or apartments) with sachets or perfume samples. Or try my party trick.
- I use this spot remover on my clothes
B E A U T Y E X T R A S
- I have a magazine habit (one day I post embarrassing pics of this) and I have tons of those magazine inserts that constantly fall out. What to do with them? I keep them in a stack and use to blot my lipstick, as a guard when applying mascara, when applying nail polish on my right hand, etc.
- I've mentioned this before with my beauty product organization, but if I can't see it, I won't use it. I'll forget I have it. I keep samples/new products I want to try in a container. It works!
- As you've read from my Birchbox and MyGlam reviews, I'll often end up with beauty samples that I don't use. I keep these in a box and use as stocking stuffers for friends/family, attach to gift tags when I give presents, include with a gift card to make it a little more special, or include with a giveaway prize.
- The shelves in my closets are wire, so things are constantly falling over/through. To help with that, I put a lot of my products in a plastic box, organized by use (I keep hair products in one, for example).
J E W E L R Y O R G A N I Z A T I O N
- I did a post on this here (almost 2 years ago...wow!). I've since updated it by spray painting the hooks silver. On the inside on my bathroom closet, I hung two racks (drawer pulls from Ikea), and then I hung hooks from the racks. My jewelry hangs from the hooks.
S H I R T O R G A N I Z A T I O N
- To save space in my drawers/bureau, I roll my t-shirts. It's my number one packing trip when traveling too!
T R A V E L O R G A N I Z A T I O N
- These are some of my favorite travel hacks.
- This is what I pack in my makeup bag.
- I put samples too in my makeup bag.
- This is a great guide on what to pack.
- I pack a hair dryer (sometimes; depends on where I'm traveling) and a flat iron. I can use my flat iron to straighten, curl, and wave my hair.