When I was in Target the last week shopping for baby shower gifts (love ya, K&T), I just somehow happened upon the Makeup Aisle. Does that ever happen to you? Craziest thing! And so I saw this Covergirl Eye Enhancers palette in Dazzling Metallics and thought, that reminds me of a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Maybe I should stop by that Starbucks conveniently located inside of Target that I keep smelling? I popped the palette in my basket and started to head down the aisle. And then it hit me:
Pumpkin Spice Latte...eyes!
I hurriedly jotted (aka badly typed) the idea down in my phone, forgot about the real latte, paid for my goods, and headed home. Instead of doing the sensible thing, like wrap baby shower presents, do laundry, etc, I played around and came up with this tutorial. Enjoy after the jump!
Does this make anyone else think of a Pumpkin Spice Latte?
- Covergirl Eye Enhancers in Dazzling Metallics, around $3
- Brushes: dome eyeshadow brush, fluffy or crease brush, pencil/smudge brush,all $1 each.
- Mascara: I used They're Real from Benefit.
- I wanted this look to be worn as a neutral for everyday wear, and not a costumey-bright orange look. I promise this looks better in person than my crappy camera skillz (oh yeah) can capture. Add more color if desired, or keep it neutral.
- Apply an eyeshadow primer (not pictured, but I use one from NYX $7).
- Using your finger or a dome brush to pat lightest shade (it looks golden) all over lid up to brow line.
- Pat pumpkin shade from mid eye to outer edge of eye using dome brush.
- Blend with fluffy brush. It should be dark in the outer edge and lighter towards the inner eye.
- Note: the color looks copper here, but is a really pretty pumpkin-but-not-orange.
- Brush the darkest shade very lightly onto brow bone and crease with fluffly brush. Blend like a windshield wiper motion.
- Using the pencil brush, dip into dark shade and line eyes.Smudge!
- Curl lashes and apply your favorite mascara.
- No brushes? Use your fingers and cotton swabs instead. You can DO this!
I swear it's prettier and pumpkin spicier in person!