- I try to wash my hair weekly, if at all possible, since my hair is so dry.
- I take a few days off from heat styling when I can. Since my hair holds curl well, this is easy. The more rest for my hair, the better.
- I skip regular conditioner and use a deep conditioner during winter. I leave it on for about 5 minutes before rinsing out. Aussie's 3 Min Miracle smells and works great. For straight hair, HerCut is wonderful. Since my hair is wavy, I love Ouidad's products too.
- A couple of times a month I love to soak my hair in a hair masque. Elle's tip: Put the masque in your hair & wear an old hat while you run errands, exercise, etc. Check out THIS list of the best masques out there.
- Since my hair is so dry, a leave-in conditioner is a must during these drying winter months. All of these work great and fit any budget. They work as a detangler too.
How does your hair survive the winter months?