Hot Buttered Rum
When I was sick a couple of months ago, I called my Mama for some sage advice and cold remedies. She suggested a Hot Buttered Rum Toddy for my sore throat and it worked like a charm.
- Mash 2 tbsp butter with
- 1 tbsp brown sugar add to
- 3 shots dark rum and
- Microwave for 1 min.
- Stir until everything is dissolved and sip
- Add a dollop of whipped cream and add shaved cinnamon or nutmeg
- You can also add some boiling water to the rum
Hot Spiked Chocolate
- Cook hot chocolate according to package directions
- Add Amaretto & stir
- Add cream or marshmallows
- Options: Frangelico, Kahlua, or Bailey's Irish Cream
Coconut White Hot Chocolate
- Melt white chocolate
- Slowly stir in warm milk
- Add 1 shot of coconut rum and stir well
- Add whipped cream with alcohol
- Garnish with toasted coconut & shaved white chocolate
What're your fave hot toddies?
PS--Be smart/responsible and be of legal drinking age!