Welcome to 2011! How were your holidays? Also, welcome back to Elle Sees! I decided to change things up around here, and I hope you like the new look. Some features will stay the same, and others will disappear or not show up as frequently. But I hope you continue to show up frequently! Love, Elle
So you threw away the last scrap of wrapping paper, have taken down the decorations, and survived the In-Laws. You need a special treat. Or picture this scenario: you're still feeling the effects from 2010. That NYE party was brutal and you've convinced everyone that you'll never drink again. Whatever the case, this week's QUICK TIP is just for you. I call this a "hangover mask" but have been using yogurt for years for my face. I love the cooling effect of the yogurt and how I feel refreshed after.
- If you have dry skin, use regular, plain yogurt. Oily skin? Try non-fat plain yogurt. (I have dry skin, so this is what works for me and cannot vouch for the low-fat version.)
- I use a basting brush to "paint" the yogurt on my face. One small container is more than enough.
- I put cucumber slices on my eyes--they really work--to help with the puffiness.
- Lie down for about 15 minutes. Those with sensitive skin may notice a teeny tingle while the yogurt sets.
- Slice up the rest of the cucumber and add some slices to a glass of ice water for a refreshing drink. Note: this is kinda hard to sip once you have the mask on!
- Wash and dry face. Enjoy feeling refreshed!
Ahhh. Feel better? I have additional Hangover Helpers too!