Bourjois (recently mentioned here) was originally started in Paris, but is now owned by American brand Coty (I swear Coty owns everything!) but ironically it is not sold here (I think Urban Outfitters briefly carried it). I first came upon this affordable brand during my travels and not in Paris, oddly enough, but in England. And that's where I associate Bourjois--I didn't encounter them in Paris, but all over the drugstores (chemists), like Boots, in the UK. In America, you can find this brand on Amazon, but the prices will be double.
When I first saw there were two Healthy Mix foundations, I was confused on which to buy, so I bought them both. I like them both for different reasons. I'm sharing more info on each because I wish I had a source like this when I was trying to decide. Here's Bourjois Healthy Mix VS. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation:
Bourjois Healthy Mix (pictured is shade No. 54)
- Dry skin
- lightweight foundation
- slight dewy finish
- 8 shades
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation (no. 53 is pictured)
- dry skin but if you have combo, normal, or slightly oily, try this in the winter months
- less coverage despite its slightly thicker consistency
- Costs $1 more than the original foundation
- 6 shades
Here are swatches of each--I have this in two different shades to show you the comparison of each. Real talk: I sneezed while blending out the top sample, so that's why it looks so odd! ;)
On your left, I have the Bourjois Healthy Mix. You can see it gives slightly more coverage Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation. Both are great for light coverage. However, the dimethicone causes me to break out if I use this more than 2 days in a row.
Have you ever tried Bourjois Healthy Mix or Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation?
- Remember my Block No Do post? Sad to say those have disappeared and two roundabouts (boo) are now in their places. I still have my reminder right here.
- Thinking of everyone in the path of hurricane Matthew. Stay safe, y'all!
- Happy birthday to my cousin, Amy! Love you.