Time for another DUPE OR NOT? And I get asked about Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation VS L'Oreal True Match Lumi A LOT since there's a popular Pinterest pin about it. These foundations are best for dry to normal skin, and for those who want a light-medium coverage with a dewy finish. Both of these are actually my favorite high end and drugstore foundations, but I'd always considered them to be different. But are they really? Let's find out:
L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup
- Drugstores, ULTA, Walmart, Target, etc/online
- 15 shades
- 1 oz
- $62 (but there is a $42 travel size)
- Sephora, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus/online
- 24 shades
- 1 oz
Swatches of both--since I have a few shades of the L'Oreal, I decided to use a different shade so I could tell the difference in swatches, just in case!
This was after shaking my hand around--the Armani is slightly thinner, but is more pigmented.
The pic on your left has 1 pump. L'Oreal on your left, Armani on your right. You can see the coverage is better with the Armani Luminous Silk. The pic on your right is with two pumps, same order. No primer was used. They look similar in pictures but it is more noticeable in person.
I tested them side-by-side with primer, without, using fingers, using sponge, using brushes, using a stippling method, using a brushing method. My results mimicked the same as the picture above.
What They Have In Common:
- 1 oz
- glass container (Armani is frosted)
- some similar ingredients (click the links for each to see them)
How They Differ:
- shade range
- I like the Armani dark cap as it hides the sometimes messy pump.
- Armani has better coverage and a nicer finish.
Not So Professional Opinions:
- BFF: Oh YEAH you can tell, girl. This side (L'Oreal) looks greasy. This side (Armani) looks better. I told her it's supposed to be GLOWY and LUMINOUS. ;)
- 6 yr old: You're not making me do this again, are you?
- 2 yr old: Spaghetti now, okay?
- They aren't dupes. They are similar though. If you're looking for a luminous, dewy foundation, you can't go wrong with either. They do look similar in pictures but different in person. While I prefer the Armani (MY FAVE), it is too pricey for me to wear daily.
What dupe would you like to see compared next?
- You would think after a week in Cancun I'd be sick of Mexican food, but apparently not as I had it twice this weekend!
- I'm at my day job really, really early today, so I'll be catching up on comments tonight!