Ombre lips are still such a huge trend, and beauty companies are making the fun effect even easier, with 2-in-1 lip combos. I'm testing one from the drug store and one that's high end: NYX Ombre Lip Duo Vs. Makeup Forever Pro Sculpting Lip.
NYX Ombre Lip Duo
- I've shared this product here and here before.
- 12 shades
- Fill in the lip with one end and use the other for detail
Make Up Forever Pro Sculpting Lip (pr sample)
- 4 shades
- Creamy pencil on one end, iridescent powder on the other
Just fill in your lip and tap the powder in the center of the lip. Be sure to wipe off the tip before securing back in the cap.
Here are swatches, but TRUST ME, these do not photo as pretty as they are! NYX Freckles and Speckles on your left, MUFE Rust on right.
MUFE Rosewood, with flash--this is so pretty in person!
Swatches of NYX at the top, and then MUFE at the bottom.
- Overall, I found the NYX to be harder to work with since it is not that creamy, similar to a regular liner, but definitely you can get the ombre effect.
- The NYX broke very easily.
- It worked fine, until I got to try the MUFE. It was love at first use. While both look natural, or at least I don't wear them in an extreme ombre look, I got the most compliments when wearing the MUFE Pro Sculpting Lip. I prefer that one because the quality is outstanding, but the price tag would definitely be an issue for some.
Have you tried either of these products?
- Thanks everyone for your kind blog anniversary wishes yesterday. I'm feeling the love and have been smiling all day!
- I'm heading back home to meet my newest niece!
- $200 to Sephora sound good? Enter here.
- In case you missed it: Flash Tattoo Nails for Coachella (or pretending you're there)