Remember this post where I told you I received some flash tattoos? Well, today I'm sharing the EASIEST nail art tutorial using them. I used these like water nail decals, something I've using since I was little, but with a modern and grownup twist. My Grandmother always had these in her beauty salon growing up. It's the same concept as those tattoos little kids wear--they're a big hit at work with the kids! Inspired by Coachella and music festivals, you'll look the part even if you're miles away from all the action.
- flash tattoos (I got mine here but I've seen them in mass retailers, even in candy/prize machines)
- polish of choice (I used white)
- clear top coat
- wet sponge or washcloth
- Cut out the designs you want. Since most flash tattoos are necklaces or bracelets, I cut out parts of those to it my nails. In the pic above I cut out a feather.
- Remove the plastic from the tattoo if not done already.
- Place tattoo on top of nail with the design facing down.
- Place the wet sponge or cloth on top of the nail for 10-30 seconds. Remove backing and the design should be adhered to nail.
- Repeat on all nails. Once finished, add a top coat. The design will rub off without the top coat.
I used gold tattoos, but I've tried silver and black flash tattoos as well.
I used white as my base coat, but I have used neon, pastels, and black.
Do you attend music festivals?
- I ordered a new phone! The Samsung Galaxy S6--I'm #teamdroid all the way. Anyone else? Just me? ;)
- Speaking of gold nails, how would you like a gold Macbook to match? ENTER HERE!