Did you celebrate St. Patrick's Day? I know some of y'all did--I saw your Snaps and Instagram pics! I linked to my accounts if you aren't following! Mine was very low-key; just a dinner with friends and then I headed home to edit my video (below for your viewing entertainment).
Do you wear matte shadows? I do. I love them for a variety of uses like brow highlight, inner corner highlight, brow fill in, lid color, eyeliner (or to set a liquid liner), transitional shades, and occasionally as a contour. And sometimes I want an all-matte eye.
I like the convenience of having a palette full of matte shadows from which to use. But are there any that are affordable and at the drugstore? Here are 4 of my faves:
Jordana Color Effects Powder Eye Shadow Duo in Good Match
- Try online or Kmart for these
- Not all are matte, but I like this duo of just the basics.
- $7.29, but I have seen this for $4.77
- Drugstores usually have this
- Comes in 3 shades: Nude Classics, Canyon Classics, Quartz Quartet (I own the first two, so I'm not sure how the last one is)
- When I think of PF, I think of their amazing packaging, but this is an oldie-but-goodie that hasn't changed.
- $8.25 but shop around
- This is a well-loved but tiny palette and the packaging has changed now (I share that in the video below)
- Target, online
- Again, another well-used palette. One of my blog highlights was interviewing celeb makeup artist, Sonia Kashuk. I'm too embarrassed to post the video, but it's on my blog if you want to search for it!
- While this sounds pricey for a palette, think of these as $1.66 per shadow.
To see swatches and such, then honey, just watch the video below:
What are your favorite matte drugstore palettes?