A sheet mask is a cotton mask (also called a paper mask, but they are comfortable and form to the face) that is usually disposable. Unlike traditional cream masks, there is nothing to wash or peel away. Just remove the mask. It is saturated in liquid, cream, or gel (on one side). They come in one piece for the face, two pieces, halves, and even for eyes. They cover a variety of skin issues and are usually worn for an average of 20 minutes. They range in price from every inexpensive to pricey. My reviews will be quick, but feel free to ask for more info in the comments.
Sephora Pomegranate Mask
- Claims: Awakens, energizes, and protects the skin with antioxidant-rich natural pomegranate extract
- Mask Quality: Very strong quilted mask--one of the best quality masks I've ever tried
- Overall: It smelled nice but I didn't notice any spectacular results. I ended up with a few pimples from it. Skip
- $7.50 for 2 pack, Sephora and various stores online
- An Asian brand that I have featured here often
- Claims: Sheet masks that are formulated with aloe vera to deeply hydrate and transform dull, dry skin into a healthier-looking complexion in as little as 20 minutes.
- Mask Quality: This feels like the typical sheet mask quality. Unscented
- Overall: It did moisturize my skin as the mask indicated, but I feel a regular moisturizer or sleeping mask (reviews on those coming next week) would work the same. Skip
- FYI: There are several other masks offered.
Sephora Lingzhi Mask
- First of all, what the heck is lingzhi? It's an Asian mushroom that has tons of uses.
- Claims: Creates the appearance of smoother, plumper, and younger-looking skin
- Mask Quality: Excellent high-quality
- Overall: This really did get rid of my fine lines. Buy!
- FYI: Sephora offers more masks than these two for other skin types.
Dr. Jart + Water Replenishment
- Claims: Great for all skin types including sensitive skin, Water Replenishment Cotton Sheet Mask contains allantoin and witch hazel for continuous moisture. The soothing bio-cellulose sheet features an immediate cooling sensation, leaving skin feeling clean, hydrated, and completely refreshed.
- Mask Quality: Regular
- Overall: I really liked this mask. My skin felt hydrated and fine lines were gone. Buy!
Dr. Jart + All That Life & Firm
- Claims: The Hydrogel Expansion Stretch Mask brings facial contours through a plaster-type stretch mask that can expand to fit onto your face. It features clear contours, strengthened elasticity, and maximized penetration—making it the perfect tool for reducing the appearance of wrinkles, loss of elasticity, large pores, and sagging.
- Mask Quality: This was THE craziest mask I have ever tried. It was in 2 pieces and was hydrogel--it felt like slippery jelly. And the bottom piece (pictured below) was to stretch from one ear to the other. Um, that didn't happen for my face, so I did the best I could. I looked WEIRD.
- Overall: It definitely worked and tightened my skin. Wrinkles were gone. Buy it!
Dr. Jart+ Vital Hydra Solution
- Claims: A cellulose sheet mask that deeply hydrates, replenishes, and protects skin's own moisture.
- Mask Quality: Regular
- Overall: This worked and gave me hydrated skin. I'd use in a pinch for hydration but wouldn't repurchase.
Dr. Jart+ Firming Solution
- Claims: Thermosensitive gel is activated by body heat to release the beneficial ingredients infused within. The soft gel layer seals in the ingredients to maximize the effectiveness of the formula and recover from moisture loss. Bio-peptide restores the appearance of healthy skin structure by supporting natural collagen and elastin synthesis. A power firming complex—featuring coenzyme Q10 and beta-glucan—works synergistically to maintain and promote skin elasticity, lifting and firming the look of sagging skin
- Mask Quality: This was a 2 piece mask made of gel that was supposed to react to body heat. I didn't notice that. Slight scent
- Overall: My pores looked smaller and there was slight tightening, but since there are other masks I liked better, I'd Skip.
Dr. Jart+ Wrinkles Solution
- Claims: A body heat thermosensitive cellulose gel mask that reduces the appearance of wrinkles and improves skin texture.
- Mask Quality: This was a 2 piece mask made of gel and it was the biggest pain to apply (very slippery) and to get to stay on my face. One side was smooth and the other was textured. Once I took the mask off, I had imprints all over my face from the textured side! It was awful.
- Overall: This mask you had to leave on for up to 40 minutes. I tried this at 20 min and 40 min and had the same results. Based on the fact that was it practically impossible to keep on my face, I'd Skip.
- Speaking of Sephora, don't even get me started on the #EpicRewards mess! I have been saving points for ages to get some of the amazing rewards offered and they ran out of them in under 2 minutes.
- Speaking of Sephora AGAIN, I have a huge haul coming up if you're interested. Or I can only share what I loved the most. Or reviews on everything. Or all of the above, haha. I'd love your input.
- DON'T FORGET my giveaways here!