"I'm not getting married when I grow up," I once told my Granny Sugar.
"You aren't? Well, why not?" she asked with a slight chuckle in her voice.
"Because you have to kiss and you get pink lipstick everywhere," said four year old me very matter-of-factly.
The things kids think about! I do believe my worries have changed since then! Your wedding day is one of the most memorable and important moments of your life, and lipstick everywhere is just not cute. And speaking of lipstick, you don't have to spend a million bucks to look like it on your special day.
I spent the past few months testing every single lipstick sold in drugstores that claimed to be long-wearing, long-lasting, 24-wear, etc. and now I'm here to share the best ones with you. I've used these on brides and swear by them. Keep reading for 5 kiss-proof liquid lipsticks, perfect for your wedding day (PS: already married or no current plans? Then you'll love these for those occasions when you need long-lasting lipstick):
|Prices and availability will vary by store.|
2-L'Oreal Infallible 2-Step Color--$12.99 (currently on sale for $7.99 at ULTA)--Comes in 24 colors and features a balm on one end. This is one of my must-haves.
3-Rimmel Provocalips--$6.99--Comes in 10 colors and claims 16 hour wear. This features a clear gloss on one end and adorable packaging. This is probably my fave of the five.
4-Revlon ColorStay Overtime--$8.99--Comes in 26 shades and claims 16 hour wear. This is the most compact of the five and I was really impressed with its staying power. It does have a clear gloss on one end with a brush and not a doe-foot applicator. My third fave.
5-Covergirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor--$8.99--Comes in over 40 colors and claims 16 hour wear. This has two parts, the color and then a separate balm--this can be a bit cumbersome. The balm can be repurchased separately. This claims to be the #1 long-wear lipcolor and is similar to Maybelline.
- All were kiss-proof, with and without the gloss/balm.
- L'Oreal, Rimmel, and Revlon lasted the longest, with about 6-8 hours (average) of wearing time before reapplying, but I would still have plenty of color around the lipline, with color fading fastest in the middle of my lips.
Which ones have you tried? Any faves?
- Happy last day of June! Where did the month go? Seriously!
- Charlie and I are back from out trip to Charleston--more on Friday on that. We had a great time. It's been a year since I've been--one of my fave cities.
- When I came home last night I saw a jury duty notice waiting for me. If that doesn't kill a vacation vibe...
- Add me on Snapchat--it's mostly my life on there! I always add back. Just search for ellesees.