Since love is in the air, or at least in decorative form on the blog, I've been pulling out all the pink lip products lately. Maybe it was that brief tease of warm weather? Today the two that I'm comparing two lip products that are kinda a mix of lipstick and gloss: This or That: Dior Addict Fluid Stick Vs. Maybelline Color Elixir.
- $35 .18 oz
- Sephora and department stores
- 16 shades
- No scent or taste that I detect.
- "A spectacular lip formula that packs the benefits of shiny gloss and pigmented lipstick into one color-rich product."
- "This stunning hybrid imparts high-impact shine with maximum color to offer a new kind of lip color. It’s lightweight in texture, boasts sensational color payout, and delivers long-lasting wear and a no-makeup feel with coverage that is between a gloss and a lipstick."
- I absolutely love these. They are moisturizing without being sticky and last longer than a typical gloss.
Maybelline Color Elixir
- $8.99 +/-
- 20 shades
- I detect a scent that doesn't bother me, but does for some.
- "A trio of concentrates delivers the color of a lipstick, the cushiony care of a balm, and the glass shine of a gloss."
- I really like these. They feel a bit more moisturizing and creamy at first, more like a typical gloss.
This or That?
It really comes down to preference, whether that is budget, scent or no scent, etc. I really would purchase either (and have obviously), but based on packaging and performance, I do like the Dior better. But, I know not everyone is gonna throw $35 for lipgloss. (Insert gif of someone throwing money into the wind, here! ;)
The Dior did last a bit longer. The Dior reminded a little of these lip glosses from Revlon so the texture feels different, kind of like a watery feeling that then feels more like a gloss. Maybelline is certainly a nice option for the price.
- My car hit 111, 111 miles, to which I immediately sent a pic of the occasion to my friends who were unimpressed! I was all excited and stuff! So now I'm telling you on the blog. ;)
- Anyone else LOVE the hearts on the Starbucks cups? I shared a pic of my heart nails with the cup on my Instagram. I had to, y'all. #itsthelittlethings
- I want to know the shade of your favorite lip glosses and/or lipsticks that are pink!